Each year all children participate in the Peer Support Program. This program is a student-led multi age program that provides a fun and engaging environment for students to address social issues. It encourages peer connections throughout the school and assists students in developing practical skills to enhance social and emotional well-being.
The Peer Support Program assists schools in achieving and maintaining a positive school culture. It empowers students to support each other and contribute positively to our school and community. It caters for student wellbeing and helps to develop a supportive learning environment.
Our Peer Support Program focuses on:
Key outcomes of the program
- Building positive relationships
- Developing skills such as assertiveness, communication, empathy, decision making, conflict resolution and critical thinking.
- Enhancing mental health
- Taking personal responsibility
- Embracing lifelong learning
- Encouraging participation
- Developing leadership skills