Music at TEMIS aims to develop students:
- Musical knowledge and skills to communicate ideas; they value and share their music and life experiences by representing, expressing and communicating ideas, imagination and observations about their individual and collective worlds to others in meaningful ways.
- Creativity, aesthetic knowledge and understanding about arts practices, through making and responding to beats and sounds with increasing self-confidence
- Use of innovative arts practices with available and emerging technologies, to express and represent ideas, while displaying empathy for multiple viewpoints.
- Understanding of local, regional and global cultures, and their music histories and traditions, through engaging with the worlds of artists, audiences and arts professions.
- Understanding of PNG’s histories and traditions through music, engaging with the practises both traditional and contemporary, of the diversity of PNG music and musical instruments.