A position will be available from mid-January 2013 for a teacher of English and Humanities in our Grade 7 and 8 program. The Grade 7 and 8 program is the senior section of the school. It caters to a niche market of expatriate and local students and currently consists of three classes, although this is likely to increase in 2013. The duties are similar to those in middle schools in developed countries.
Teachers should have a minimum of three years successful teaching experience.
Successful applicants will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective teaching practice
- Develop a positive learning environment that meets the diverse needs of the learners
- Plan and implement teaching programs that engage students and support their learning
- Use a variety of assessment strategies to enhance future teaching and learning
- Display a commitment to ongoing professional development
- Work cooperatively in a variety of settings
- Display a professional attitude to their duties
- Demonstrate excellent IT skills
- Show evidence of an understanding and effective use of positive behaviour management strategies
- Contribute to whole school goals and activities
- Develop positive relationships with staff, students and parents
This is a wonderful opportunity to work with a small group of students who are the leaders of a vibrant international school. The program is well resourced and class sizes are small (maximum 25 and currently around 22-23).
An ability and willingness to teach other subjects would be an advantage.