The Ela Murray International School: Deputy Principal Position
What We Are Looking For
We are seeking applications from educational leaders with strong primary or middle school experience to play an active role in the leadership of our Prep – Grade 8 campus, home to 450 students.
The successful applicant will meet the following essential criteria:
- a demonstrated capacity to provide educational leadership
- ability to maintain a supportive educational environment
- sound understanding of current trends in curriculum
- proficiency in managing the development and performance of staff
- ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, students and parents from a range of cultures and backgrounds
The Deputy Principal (one of three DP positions) will assume responsibility for leading both learning/curriculum development as well as day-to-day administrative management of the site.
Responsibilities are likely to include:
- · curriculum development and management
- · co-ordination of learning support programmes
- · general organisation and administration
- · supervision of teaching and non-teaching staff
- · student welfare
- · community liaison
Who Can Apply?
You should have current or recent experience in a primary or middle school settings, either with leadership experience or demonstrated leadership potential. It is not necessary to have had experience with the IEA curriculum. Single and married applicants, with or without children, are welcome. Accompanying spouses are unlikely to obtain a working permit for PNG if they are not PNG citizens. Appointments will be for an initial contract period of three years. The successful applicant will commence duties in January 2017, or as soon as possible after.
How to Apply
Inquiries and applications (cover letter and CV) to the Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org by 19th October, 2016.
For further information, please click here.